Final Exams & Assessments
Examination Period: April 6-18, 2020
Covid-19 Examination Considerations
- For those instructors that have chosen to have an online exam during the examinations period (April 6 to 18, 2020) you will need to respect the exam timetable. This is necessary to avoid time conflicts for students who are writing exams. We strongly recommend an extended exam window centred around the existing exam time. This would allow for both accessibility access and geographic differences.
- For example, a 15-hour window for a 2:00 PM exam means it would be open from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The student would still be limited to 3 hours to write the exam but would have to start writing between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM (finishing at 11:00 PM). Instructors are free to have a shorter exam time (less than 3-hour time limit).
Take-home examinations may be used for any course, providing the student is allowed the entire examination period to complete them, and that the completed examination is submitted to the instructor on or before the last day of the regularly scheduled examination period.
Planning Your Assessment
Online Office Hours and Workshops
ACORN (Moodle) has many features to lessen the threat of academic integrity violations. We are offering online workshops to introduce these options and provide an opportunity for discussion. Register now (link to sign-up) for a Using Moodle Quizzes for Exams session.
Also, feel free to drop into our online office hours for discussion with our team and your colleagues. Available Mon-Fri, 10:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm.
Logistics Planning and Important Supports
If you have entered your own online quiz or final exam into ACORN, we recommend you attempt the examination or ask a colleague to attempt the exam to ensure there are no issues with prior to the examination.
- Please provide students with sufficient information on how to communicate if they are having issues and let them know what your expected response time is based on your workload/other exams.
- ALL times in Moodle (ACORN) are presented in the ADT time zone. If you have ANY assignments, quizzes, or other activities that are time sensitive, please make your students are aware that Moodle does not adjust its times to their location.
- If you have used a Drag and Drop Matching quiz question, please contact us. This question type is not functioning properly at this time. If you have a question that you need to use that is currently using this format and need help replacing it, please contact us and we will assist you.