Exams & Other Assessments
Online Quizzes, Midterms, & Exams
During the final exam period, we are extending our support coverage. LTID team members will be monitoring the Exam Support Team in Microsoft Teams between April 16th and April 24th, from 9:00 am until 10:00 pm. Quiz pointers for faculty can be found at this location. There are also pointers for students.
Mixed Delivery Final Exam Considerations
- We strongly urge faculty to be available and provide a communication protocol for students who might experience problems during their timed assessment period. For those instructors that have chosen to have an online exam during the examinations period (April 16th - 24th, 2021) you will need to respect the exam timetable. This is necessary to avoid time conflicts for students who may be writing exams for other courses that might overlap.
- If you have students who are entitled to extra time or are writing in a distant time zone, you can add User Overrides. Instructions can be found here.
Take-home examinations may be used for any course, providing the student is allowed the entire examination period to complete them, and that the completed examination is submitted to the instructor on or before the last day of the regularly scheduled examination period (April 24th, 2021).
Planning Your Assessment
Online Office Hours
Feel free to drop in on our online office hours for discussion with our team and your colleagues Mon - Fri, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
Logistics Planning and Important Supports
- If you have set up your own online quiz or final exam in ACORN, we strongly recommend that you either attempt the exam yourself or ask a colleague to attempt it to ensure there are no issues.
- Please provide your students with sufficient information on how to communicate with you during the exam period in case they have any issues. Let them know what your expected response time is based on your workload/other exams.
- ALL times in Moodle (ACORN) are presented in the ADT time zone. If you have ANY assignments, quizzes, or other activities that are time-sensitive, please make your students are aware that Moodle does not adjust its times to their location.